Cluster Debris' Grandprix IIa - Ideas

Ideas for new maps
Angeba

Cluster Debris' Grandprix IIa - Ideas

Post by Angeba »

- Let bounces between ships drain a little fuel, perhaps 5 units.
What was the relevant option??? Can't find it, neither in 4.5.4 nor in NG 4.7.2 server.
-> at least in ng 4.7.3 server I found `playerCollisionFuelDrain', which should do the trick.
- Set `allowPlayerBounces : Yes', so that players can push each other into walls or
obstacles. This also requires `allowPlayerCrashes : No' (which we want anyway).
- Make players crash again when they go too fast into a wall. A speed of about 90
could be suitable.
(Comes to mind that on this map, the `wallBounceFuelDrainMult' aka `wallBounceDrain'
option could make sense. So a player who rumbles into walls would lose some fuel,
effectively forcing him into the pits.
-> Unfortunately again they removed a useful option in the NG server. :( I guess this
is another example of developers only knowing and caring about a tiny bit of the Xpilot
universe (mostly Bloods Music).)
- Add 1 or 2 laps to the race, so that it becomes nessesary to visit the pits for fuel.
- Make the pitlane a bit wider if it is too difficult to fly there. Especially the exit
seems rather narrow.
- How about an item concentrator in the pitlane? This would make it more attractive
to go there. Some items should remain scattered around the circuit, but about the
same number should be concentrated in the pitlane.
- (Add a rounddelay of perhaps 5 seconds, so there is time to properly congratulate the
winner ... -> Unfortunately I realize that they removed this option in the NG server :( .)
- Set the `resetOnHuman' option to `2', so that the race restarts when there is only
1 player playing and another player joins.
Unfortunately this option does not ignore paused players, so a "full-time pauser"
can effectively disable it. Therefore I suggest to clean up the pausers regularly
by setting `maxPauseTime : 1800' (30 minutes). Also `maxIdleTime : 60' (the default
of 1 minute) should be set to remove inactive players from the track.
- Give the map a more unique name, e.g. "Cluster de Prix", because it is a _big_ rework of
the old GP2 map.
- Add a secondary, longer, route as an option in the free space below the back straight.
To make this route attractive add an item concentrator. Fuel should however remain
solely in the pit lane.
- Make all players start with 1 emergencyThrust. This would create strategic options,
whether one should use it now, or better save it for later.
- How about (collectable) laser items and setting`laserIsStunGun : Yes' and
`allowLaserModifiers : No'? This way one could not kill with the laser, which would
be too nasty, but paralyse the victim for a moment. I've little experience with the
stun-laser, but it could be useful if you follow some player closely. Especially if
you manage to hit him before a corner, he would go straight into the wall, or at least
wouldn't take the corner cleanly.
I don't think the laser would be too powerful, because firstly we wouldn't have it
initially, secondly it's probably difficult enough to hit with it, and one wouldn't
use it all the time, because it eats much fuel.
It could make sense to also supply collectable mirror items, because they counteract
a laserhit.
Angeba

Re: Cluster Debris' Grandprix IIa - Ideas

Post by Angeba »

Cluster, could you upload your `Grandprix' map variations here? I'd like to try them locally. I quite liked them.