; xpilotrc for a Bloods Music-like map and Bloodspilot Client (1.4.0). ; For righthanded mousesteering with keyboard-thrust. ; Some useful item keys are also setup on compromise keys. ; Done: 2012-02-12 ; Last changed: 2012-06-16 ; 'xev' was used to get the keysyms. ; ; Some more information for other players: ; ; By default the bloodspilot client(s) use the configuration file '.xpilotrc' ; in the players home directory (like the xpilot 4.5.4 and xpilot ng clients). ; I am using two different config files, one for item maps and one for bloods ; music like maps. Therefore I start the client like this (from a bash shell): ; export XPILOTRC=~/.bpc-rc-bloods; bloodspilot-client-x11 ; or ; export XPILOTRC=~/.bpc-rc-itemmap; bloodspilot-client-x11 ; This seperates the bloodspilot client settings from `.xpilotrc' used by ; other clients, which is a good idea, because in the meantime there are ; quite some incompatibilities between bloodspilot clients and the others ; (e.g. color value `off', key symbol `mousebutton1' etc.). ; ; Some options, like `recordBufferSize', `extHUDContents' and the various ; `speedZoom...' options, which are set here, were implemented after the ; bloodspilot client 1.4.0 release. To use them, you need the current ; development version of the client from the git repository at sourceforge.net. ; I recommend it, because it has numerous improvements over 1.4.0! ; For instructions how to fetch, build and install the development version ; refer to Rotunda's Bloodspilot forum. I'll post instructions there. ; ; Objectives of this config: ; - good visibility of important things ; - reduced distraction (low priority for non/less important things) ; - quickly accessible keys, with most important keys on the most ; comfortable keys ; A major difference to the default mouse setting is that thrust is on the ; keyboard instead of right mouse button. I always felt this was much more ; comfortable and keeps your mouse hand/arm relaxed when playing for a long ; time (like the whole evening). ; ; The main keys are as follows: ; Steering: mouse ; Fire (shot and laser): left mouse button ; Thrust: D (index finger) ; Ball connector: A (ring finger) ; Drop ball: S (middle finger) ; ; To find out what's on the other keys, just press a key and the verbose ; key display on the extended HUD (at the bottom of the right hand side list) ; will show the corresponding functions. ; ; Note that some keys are compromises. For example the `less' key, which is ; to the right of left shift on my german keyboard, holds the refuel and ; repair functions, but also ToggleExtHUDRadar, which is a bit irritating. ; But I still use it, because it saves a key. ; ; The item map config has many functions assigned to the left shift key. This ; again saves keys. It has the disadvantage that some functions can't be ; used seperately. But it does have the advantage that I've placed all ; functions on it which are useful for defence. It's an emergency key. ; ; One (still relatively small) problem why the item map config is not optimal ; for bloods like games, is that I have both ball connector and detach mine on ; the same key (A). This has the side effect that I cannot grab balls with ; shields up. Perhaps I should just swap detach mine and detonate mines (A and ; S)? Maybe I'll try that another day. ; The other deficiency with the item map config are the unassigned team messages. ; ; Well, I could still explain a lot, but it comes to mind that no one plays ; anymore, so why talk to myself? ; If any questions remain or you want to suggest improvements, I'd be glad ; to discuss it (in-game or on Rotunda's forum). ; ; sensitive information (privacy) -> customize it. Consider leaving the `host' as ; it is, so I can see that you try my config. ; xpilot.name: name xpilot.user: user xpilot.host: bloods.config ; ; miscellaneous settings which other players most probably want to modify ; xpilot.turnSpeed: 8.000 xpilot.altTurnSpeed: 8.000 ; A window position of -2-23 moves the window border/title bar off-screen when using the `twm' window manager (on my setup) ... xpilot.geometry: 1024x768-2-23 ; I use these scalefactors (on a 1024x768 window). xpilot.scaleFactor: 1.75 xpilot.altScaleFactor: 2.3 xpilot.hudRadarScale: 2.0 xpilot.hudRadarDotSize: 10 ; I like to have the HUD as far away from my ship as possible (to have a clear view), but need to make sure it just stays away ; from messages, scorelist and extended HUD. xpilot.hudScale: 3.250 xpilot.recordFile: /tmp/xpilot.xpr ; ; other settings ; xpilot.extHUDContents: time packetSize loss drop fps netLag cLagMin cLagMax rBufStatus rBufEst space view power turnSpeed selfVel scaleFactor keys space playerStats space verboseKeys xpilot.speedZoomMaxFact: 2 xpilot.speedZoomAverageTime: 2 xpilot.speedZoomDampingTime: 0 ;xpilot.speedZoomSteps: ;xpilot.speedZoomMinSpeed: ;xpilot.speedZoomMaxSpeed: xpilot.clientRanker: no xpilot.shipShape: Flower xpilot.multibuffer: yes xpilot.power: 55.000 xpilot.turnResistance: 0.000 xpilot.fuelWarning: 60 xpilot.showExtHUD: False xpilot.maxMessages: 5 xpilot.messagesToStdout: 1 xpilot.oldMessagesColor: 12 xpilot.showRadar: True xpilot.backgroundPointDist: 0 xpilot.backgroundPointSize: 0 xpilot.sparkSize: 4 xpilot.sparkProb: 0 xpilot.sparkColors: 6,6,5 xpilot.shotSize: 10 xpilot.showNastyShots: no xpilot.radarEnemyColor: 3 xpilot.radarTeamColor: 2 xpilot.radarOtherColor: 4 xpilot.radarWallColor: 6 xpilot.radarScale: 3.400 xpilot.wallColor: 13 xpilot.fuelColor: off xpilot.decorColor: 6 xpilot.decorDrawMode: 2 xpilot.receiveWindowSize: 3 xpilot.toggleShield: no xpilot.clientPortStart: 0 xpilot.clientPortEnd: 0 xpilot.maxFPS: 255 ; ; keys ; xpilot.keyShield: space xpilot.keyTurnLeft: xpilot.keyTurnRight: xpilot.keyTankNext: xpilot.keyTankPrev: xpilot.keyFireTorpedo: mousebutton3 xpilot.keyLoadModifiers1: 1 xpilot.keyLoadModifiers2: 2 xpilot.keyLoadModifiers3: 3 xpilot.keyLoadModifiers4: 4 xpilot.keyLoadLock1: 5 xpilot.keyLoadLock2: 6 xpilot.keyLoadLock3: 7 xpilot.keyLoadLock4: 8 xpilot.keyRefuel: less Menu ; Menu to show fuel when (buffered) record is toggled on xpilot.keyRepair: less xpilot.keyPressorBeam: xpilot.keyToggleExtHUDRadar: less xpilot.keyToggleExtHUD: F2 ;### mouseButton3 KP_0 KP_Insert xpilot.keyToggleScoreList: F1 xpilot.keyToggleGameMessages: F4 ;### mouseButton3 xpilot.keyDetachMine: xpilot.keyConnector: a xpilot.keyTogglePower: xpilot.keyToggleCluster: xpilot.keyThrust: d xpilot.keyFireHeat: e xpilot.keyCloak: f Delete xpilot.keyEmergencyShield: g xpilot.keyToggleImplosion: xpilot.keyClearModifiers: k xpilot.keyToggleLaser: xpilot.keyTalk: m xpilot.keyToggleNuclear: xpilot.keyLockClose: q xpilot.keyDeflector: r Insert xpilot.keyDetonateMines: xpilot.keyDropBall: s xpilot.keyToggleVelocity: xpilot.keyFireMissile: w xpilot.keyToggleMini: xpilot.keyToggleSpread: xpilot.keySwapScaleFactor: z xpilot.keyToggleCompass: 0 xpilot.keyTractorBeam: odiaeresis xpilot.keyReprogram: asciicircum ;dead_circumflex ; key to the left of `1' xpilot.keyLockNextClose: Tab xpilot.keyFireShot: mouseButton1 xpilot.keyFireLaser: mouseButton1 xpilot.keyPause: Pause xpilot.keyChangeHome: Super_L Home xpilot.keyToggleAutoPilot: xpilot.keyLockPrev: Prior xpilot.keyTalkCursorLeft: Left xpilot.keyTalkCursorUp: Up xpilot.keyLockNext: Next xpilot.keyTalkCursorRight: Right xpilot.keyTalkCursorDown: Down xpilot.keySelfDestruct: End xpilot.keyPrintMessagesStdout: Print xpilot.keyToggleRecord: Menu ;xpilot.keySendMsg17: Menu ; miscellaneous recording initialization xpilot.keyPointerControl: Escape xpilot.keyLoseItem: comma xpilot.keySelectItem: period xpilot.keyIncreasePower: xpilot.keyIncreaseTurnspeed: plus xpilot.keyDecreaseTurnspeed: udiaeresis xpilot.keyDecreasePower: xpilot.keySendMsg1: Caps_Lock ; BALL xpilot.keySendMsg2: Control_L ; SAFE xpilot.keySendMsg3: mouseButton3 ; COVER xpilot.keySendMsg4: y ; POP xpilot.keySendMsg5: xpilot.keySendMsg6: xpilot.keySendMsg7: xpilot.keySendMsg8: F8 ; /plinfo xpilot.keySendMsg9: xpilot.keySendMsg10: xpilot.keySendMsg11: xpilot.keySendMsg12: F12 ; swap teams 2 <-> 4 xpilot.keySendMsg13: Shift_L ; OUR bAll is FLOATING xpilot.keySendMsg14: c ; THEIR bAll is SOMEWHERE xpilot.keySendMsg15: x ; BALL THROWN xpilot.keySendMsg16: xpilot.keyEcm: ; ECM may cause a ballconnector to break xpilot.keyTankDetach: xpilot.keyTransporter: q xpilot.keyHyperJump: Alt_L ; for poly sadistic bastard xpilot.keyPhasing: Alt_L xpilot.keyEmergencyThrust: Alt_L xpilot.keyDropMine: xpilot.keySwapSettings: h xpilot.keyToggleTalkMessages: F3 xpilot.keyToggleOwnedItems: j xpilot.keyTeamTalk: t ; ; weapon modifier banks ; xpilot.modifierBank1: C B3 Z1 V1 xpilot.modifierBank2: C B3 X4 xpilot.modifierBank3: C I LB N xpilot.modifierBank4: C I LS N B3 X4 ; ; macros/messages ; xpilot.msg1: #t:*** BALL! Our ball is gone! Save it! *** xpilot.msg2: #t:*** SAFE! Our ball is safe. *** xpilot.msg3: #t:*** COVER! The enemy ball is approaching our base. *** xpilot.msg4: #t:*** POP! The enemy ball is back at the enemy base. *** xpilot.msg13: #t:*** OUR bAll is FLOATING! Watch out. *** xpilot.msg14: #t:*** THEIR bAll is SOMEWHERE! *** xpilot.msg15: #t:*** BALL THROWN! *** xpilot.msg5: \set extHUDContents "time view power/R turnSpeed/R selfVel keys scaleFactor packetSize loss drop fps netLag cLagCur cLagAvg cLagMin cLagMax rBufStatus rBufEst/R space playerStats" xpilot.msg6: \set extHUDContents "time view power/R turnSpeed/R selfVel keys scaleFactor packetSize loss drop fps netLag cLagMin cLagMax rBufStatus rBufEst/R space playerStats" xpilot.msg8: #=[#ln||/plinfo #sn|/plinfo #ln] xpilot.msg12: #=[#t|2|/team 4|/team 2] xpilot.texturedShips: no xpilot.newbie: no xpilot.altPower: 25.000 xpilot.altTurnResistance: 0.000 xpilot.speedFactHUD: 0.000 xpilot.speedFactPTR: 0.000 xpilot.fuelNotify: 1000 xpilot.fuelCritical: 10 xpilot.showShipName: True xpilot.showMineName: True xpilot.showMessages: yes xpilot.reverseScroll: False xpilot.showHUD: True xpilot.showHUDRadar: True xpilot.verticalHUDLine: False xpilot.horizontalHUDLine: False xpilot.fuelMeter: False xpilot.fuelGauge: True xpilot.turnSpeedMeter: False xpilot.powerMeter: False xpilot.packetSizeMeter: True xpilot.packetLossMeter: True xpilot.packetDropMeter: True xpilot.packetLagMeter: True xpilot.slidingRadar: yes xpilot.showItems: no xpilot.showItemsTime: 0 xpilot.showScoreDecimals: 0 xpilot.outlineWorld: yes xpilot.filledWorld: yes xpilot.texturedWalls: no xpilot.texturedObjects: no xpilot.clock: False xpilot.clockAMPM: no xpilot.messageFont: -*-fixed-*-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-* xpilot.scoreListFont: -*-fixed-*-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* xpilot.motdFont: -*-courier-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 xpilot.teamShotSize: 4 xpilot.hudColor: 4 xpilot.hudLockColor: 3 xpilot.buttonFont: -*-*-bold-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 xpilot.textFont: -*-*-bold-i-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 xpilot.showDecor: no xpilot.outlineDecor: no xpilot.filledDecor: no xpilot.texturedDecor: no xpilot.texturedBalls: False xpilot.charsPerSecond: 255 xpilot.markingLights: no xpilot.talkFont: -*-fixed-bold-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 xpilot.autoShield: yes xpilot.gameFont: -*-fixed-bold-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-* xpilot.maxVolume: 0 xpilot.recordBufferSize: 10 xpilot.messagesColor: 4 xpilot.maxColors: 16 xpilot.hudRadarLimit: 1.000 xpilot.baseWarningType: 1 xpilot.showShipShapes: no xpilot.scoreObjectTime: 2.000 xpilot.scoreObjectColor: ^< xpilot.fullColor: yes xpilot.ignoreWindowManager: no xpilot.msgScanSafeColor: ^G xpilot.dirPrediction: yes xpilot.showLivesByShip: no xpilot.hudItemsColor: 4 xpilot.hudVLineColor: 0 xpilot.hudRadarOtherColor: 2 xpilot.fuelGaugeColor: off xpilot.msgScanCoverColor: ^E xpilot.packetSizeMeterColor: 3 xpilot.wallRadarColor: 2 xpilot.baseNameColor: 12 xpilot.visibilityBorderColor: 8 xpilot.connColor: 15 xpilot.manyLivesColor: 0 xpilot.shipNameColor: 13 xpilot.teamShipColor: 2 xpilot.team2Color: 0 xpilot.team4Color: 0 xpilot.windowColor: 8 xpilot.showMyShipShape: yes xpilot.showShipShapesHack: yes xpilot.dirPtrColor: ^5 xpilot.temporaryMeterColor: 1 xpilot.meterBorderColor: 4 xpilot.zeroLivesColor: 3 xpilot.maxCharsInNames: 3 xpilot.hudRadarEnemyColor: 11 xpilot.borderColor: 1 xpilot.hudRadarWallColor: ^0 xpilot.showHitArea: yes xpilot.keyToggleLockDisplay: 0 xpilot.messagesLifeTime: 90 xpilot.color6: #303030 xpilot.scoreListColor: 13 xpilot.hudRadarDotScale: 2.0 ;2.500 xpilot.shadowColor: 0 xpilot.talkMessagesLifeTime: 90 xpilot.gameMessagesLifeTime: 90 xpilot.wallDrawMode: 3