PacoDamorte

Where did everybody go?

Post by PacoDamorte »

Well?
rotunda
Site Admin

Re: Where did everybody go?

Post by rotunda »

Hopefully everybody should be waking up from the summer sleep soon.
Coppa

Post by Coppa »

I doubt that. Xpilot is not good enough for the clowns. I'm just seeing these mindless Ipad guys floating around.
rotunda
Site Admin

Post by rotunda »

We have to get more players onboard. Sometimes it is possible to put together teams for a 2vs2, but it is nothing like several years ago, when at least one Bloods server was full.
PacoDamorte

Post by PacoDamorte »

I tried on Reddit but got no responses.

Anyway we could make it more accessible to people? Games like Minecraft are very popular so I don't see why Xpilot isn't particulary Steam users would find it awesome.
rotunda
Site Admin

Post by rotunda »

One of the problems is so many clients and setups. It is difficult to e.g. compile the newest clients on Windows or Mac OS. Another thing, the clients could be more newbie-friendly. We have currently only one active client developer, so if you like C programming and want to help out, you are most welcome :-)
PacoDamorte

Post by PacoDamorte »

Sadly I can't program to save my life :(
Angeba

Post by Angeba »

Don't expect any miracles. The day with 4 or more players on a single map is unlikely to come.
If you are still interested in the game, just join a server and leave the client idling in the background. Do whatever work you are doing and keep a bit of the xpilot client window visible, so that you can see if another player joins.
But log out of the server when you are not going to play, so that a joining player isn't unnessesarily waiting for you to unpause.

I am still with the game.

Happy XPiloting!
rotunda
Site Admin

Post by rotunda »

So am I, mostly during weekends, but also evenings sometimes.
Nico

Post by Nico »

The problem is also that we don't know if people are willing to play unless we see them actually playing. The IRC channel (#xpilot on Freenode.net) could be a help, or maybe another real-time discussion channel. Because currently we may be several people at a time ready to play, but nobody plays because nobody knows there are others (and playing alone is quickly boring).